The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for. And the most you can do is live in that hope. Not admire it from a distance but live right in it,under its roof(barbara kingsolver)... this is the journey of defining my hopes and living them to the fullest...and all the random junk along the way.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sacred Idleness??

Being still and quiet is good for the soul. A quiet mind makes the voice of the Holy Spirit easier to hear. When my body is still, when I give up control and invite God into my space, we grow close. I can more discretely discern what is His voice as opposed to mine.

I think God wants us to spend time with Him in complete stillness....

I don't think He intends for us to sit idle ALL DAY long...lost...in a Deadliest Catch marathon!

OOopS! Does it count that I recognize that God gave me this day and I am utterly thankful that my weekends are no longer tied up at the hospital. So depsite the fact that I did not dedicate my idleness today to hearing the voice of God...I do give thanks to God that I now have days that I can lay in my pj's till 3p.m. and have all 3 meals with my husband. I can play with my puppies and bake brownies...

I have nowhere to be... nothing I HAVE to do...

Praise be to God!

No comments: