The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for. And the most you can do is live in that hope. Not admire it from a distance but live right in it,under its roof(barbara kingsolver)... this is the journey of defining my hopes and living them to the fullest...and all the random junk along the way.

Friday, December 12, 2008

ahhhh

Usually I do my hair myself. I have a hard time paying the unGODly prices at salons for a haircut and forget about getting it colored! LORDY be it costs an arm and a leg. Having said that, I also LOVE having cute hair and am usually pretty diligent about the upkeep of my hair. However, life has gotten the better of me and mine was looking pretty shabby lately. So I decided to splurge. Besides, the work it would take to get my hair into decent shape would require a little more skill and a few more hands than I have.

I made an appointment at a local, higher end salon and found what could quite possibly be Heaven right here in east Montgomery. I guess I should be ashamed that it took 3 HOURS to get my hair into shape... but it did and I'm not. I LOVED every minute of it! My stylist gave me a robe to change into (a first for me) and then spent a good bit of time finding just the right shade that made my eyes "pop". And then... this woman had hands of an angel! I kid you not! I have a very tender head. Most salon sessions are tortuous for me. Not one little baby hair misses a painful tug. Anyway, this time was different. I barely felt the comb in my hair or the stylist's hands wash, cut, dye or style my hair. It was like a 3 hour head massage!!! It was WONDERFUL!!!! The end product is nice. It the first hair cut I haven't had to make excuses for i.e. "it'll look better when it grows out a little", or "it always freaks out a little right after a new haircut". But the process was the best! It was just what the doctor ordered! I've been so stressed out lately and after a few short hours in the salon... everything seems so much better! It really does pay to pamper yourself every once in a while! I highly recommend it!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Where did you go?

I went this week too. My experience was not as luxurious, but I did find a great stylist, which has taken me the entire time we've lived in the area. It's the first time I have walked out of a salon and been happy with my hair in years. Yay.

Can't wait to see your hair. And you should treat yourself more often.