The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for. And the most you can do is live in that hope. Not admire it from a distance but live right in it,under its roof(barbara kingsolver)... this is the journey of defining my hopes and living them to the fullest...and all the random junk along the way.

Monday, December 01, 2008

One Less

I have one and only one apartment now. I turned in my key to my old apartment today! HOORAY! It was a bit bittersweet...it was the first place I lived totally alone...roommate free! I had all the space to myself...it was a good apartment. It will be missed...

I STILL haven't heard from the Laguna Hills hospital! I emailed my recruiter today to let him know that he needs to step things up a bit. I told him too that I would be willing to take an assignment without my friend/roommate. I can't afford to wait for us to get an assignment together...seeing as how as of Dec. 23rd...I am jobless! I've freaked a couple of times when the finality of that date sinks in. I've resorted to looking for local (and not so local) jobs just in case this travel thing doesn't work out. Honestly, I've never heard of someone having so much trouble finding an assignment. I think it's waiting around for a respiratory job and nursing job at the same facility that's causing the hold up. So I'm not going to wait anymore...and I'm SCARED!!! I'm trying to stay calm and prayerful and patient. (its not working out so well)

(Jumping subjects) It is ABSOLUTELY beautiful around here!!! Don't you think we have had the prettiest fall EVER!?! The trees around here literally look like they are on fire! The leaves are yellowish orange on the inside of the tree and change into a BRILLIANT red on the outside and when the sun shines on them it actually looks like they are glowing!!! I tend to feel closest to God when I am outside. I always feel renewed, comforted, and at peace. I can't begin to tell you what this fall has done for my spirit. Despite the stress of moving and job changes, when I look outside my window...everything feels ok. (how cheesy does that sound???)

My roommates and I are going to pick out a Christmas tree tomorrow! I am sooooo excited! Its gonna be a real one! I haven't had a real one since high school! This should be fun! I'll post pictures as soon as its up and all decorated!

Hope everyone is enjoying the season! I pray you see Him all around you...everyday!
Happy Monday!

No comments: