The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for. And the most you can do is live in that hope. Not admire it from a distance but live right in it,under its roof(barbara kingsolver)... this is the journey of defining my hopes and living them to the fullest...and all the random junk along the way.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Who knew???

I'm not sure if this is old news or not. Since I work such crazy hours and shifts, I am sometimes a little late with current events. BUT I just found out that Obama is a SMOKER!!!! I had no idea! I kind of look at him differently now. I read that he admits to quitting and falling off the wagon here and there. I have no doubt that the campaign trail is not the ideal serene environment one turns to when trying to rid oneself of an addiction that sends the body into the throws of anxiety-ridden withdrawals. BUT with the cost of healthcare such it is and with cigarette smoking being one of the leading contributors of heart and lung disease... I find it a bit contradictory on his part. Now don't misunderstand me. I understand the addiction and I am in no way implying that giving up nicotine is or will be easy when/if he decides to quit (and no offense to smokers out there who have attempted to quit, failed at quitting or never plan on quitting). I'm just saying that finding out he smokes kind of tarnished his glowing image I had of him. That's all. Mind you I wish him luck and hope he does decide to quit (as I wish for everyone). Great if he does but its job security for me if he doesn't ;)

Today (Wednesday) is Human Rights Day. As such there is a group out there encouraging everyone to "call in gay" to work today... not sick, gay. This is to show what an impact gays and lesbians make on the workforce and thus world at large. Uh.....Who knew?

How 'bout that randomness to perk up your day! Hope its a good one!

No comments: