The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for. And the most you can do is live in that hope. Not admire it from a distance but live right in it,under its roof(barbara kingsolver)... this is the journey of defining my hopes and living them to the fullest...and all the random junk along the way.

Friday, May 16, 2008

ahhhh

So today was one of those days that I love but I'm glad when its over because I usually ended up board out of my mind. By nature I don't sit still very well. I usually always have something to do, somewhere to go, someone to visit. every once in awhile, though i really relish a day when i have no agenda... no plans, nothing to clean, no nagging feeling of "I NEED to wash those clothes". I decided last night that I would not set the alarm and just see what happened. Now, I've done this before and been disappointed when my eyes BOLT open at 7 a.m. so my expectations started off kinda low. I woke up, again in an "all of a sudden" manner convinced it would only be 6:30-ish...No ma'am. It was (drum roll please... ) 3:30 P.M.!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe my eyes! YAY!!!! And then true to form I started feeling guilty for sleeping the day away. I decided to swallow those feelings and do whatever I wanted... including nothing at all. I started my day with some left over pizza (healthy I know), then I deep conditioned my hair while giving myself a microdermabrasion (PSA: I LOVE neutrogena's micro dermabrasion system...you should all try it!). I caught up on a week's worth of Oprah and got my much needed dose of fashion advice from Stacy and Clinton on What Not to Wear (we are indeed on a first name basis) . I fixed my internet connection and ate ice cream (low fat) out of a wine glass. So now I am watching a movie called The Perfect Man... perfect since I am looking for one such beast. I've not gotten out of my pj's all day... well except when I took a shower, only to put on a new pair. Long gone are the thoughts of laundry and dusting as well as the guilt for not doing either. I have had the most relaxing girly day imaginable!!! Today I love my life!

No comments: