The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for. And the most you can do is live in that hope. Not admire it from a distance but live right in it,under its roof(barbara kingsolver)... this is the journey of defining my hopes and living them to the fullest...and all the random junk along the way.

Friday, May 02, 2008

Its been quite a WHILE

So yeah.. 2 years since i've posted anything.. I have excuses i promise. I've moved several times, gone back to school, become a nurse, had a computer, not had a computer, not had anything to say... had WAY too much to say. So i've just not written... But lately I've become fascinated with blogging again, mainly reading other people's blogs. I am in love with how creatively they describe their days and how easily they glean wisdom from simple moments. I've come to a time in my life where I CRAVE the wisdom of God and the serenity of dwelling in His grace and peace again. I know now more than ever that He is available in our every day.

I've noticed lately that somewhere I've lost my center. On the journey to becoming who i'm supposed to be I've lost who I was. I used to like who I was and enjoyed my own company but now I'm noticing that I've lost my smile... not just the one on my face but the one my spirit brings forth. I can remember a time when the face of God and the touch of His hand was as obvious to me as flowers in the springtime... it was that simple for me to see Him and feel His presence in my life. Now I think my life has gotten in the way of the seeing the simple things. I'm so busy waiting for big things to happen... I guess like the big miracles of the Bible that I've failed to see the smaller miracles (if miracles can be small) that surround me daily. I am feeling, now more than ever, the urge to slow down... to be still... and to see Him in the common everyday happenings. As corny as it sounds... I need to see him in the face of a child or the beauty of the sunset.. my spirit needs to pray without ceasing and be aware that His hand is in everything I do or say and that I am right where i need to be... I've gotten lost in all the bad things that have happened in my life and forgotten that God has brought me through them all. I used to have such a spirit of gratitude and surrender. Now my spirit seems broken and beaten and fighting against it all.

So i guess my point to this blog is to remember how to see God in my everyday life... good and bad. I want my thankful, calm spirit back. I think it all starts with awareness and gratitude. So that's where I'm gonna start. So thanks to all you bloggers out there who write about your own awarness of God and how He works in your life... it is such an inspriation to me!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

welcome back!

Momma C said...

He never left you....where there are one set of footprints, he was carrying you !!