The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for. And the most you can do is live in that hope. Not admire it from a distance but live right in it,under its roof(barbara kingsolver)... this is the journey of defining my hopes and living them to the fullest...and all the random junk along the way.

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Trying to win against myself...

I have this thing that I do that really drives me crazy... literally! I can talk myself out of most anything...I have this little voice inside my head that is my worst critic in the world and I let her win! I let her put me down to the point that I am paralyzed and give up on myself. The things she says are absurd and destructive and in my analytical mind very untrue but I believe every word she says! I can't make her shut up.I let her tell me that I am ugly, and enormous and ridiculous to think I am worthy of someone else's time or effort, much less my own. I have no idea where this voice got its start (well I kinda do) or how to permanently make it stop! I wake up with good intentions of being good to myself and within 20 minutes I have talked myself into a puddle of nothingness and hardly have the strength to get out of bed. I'm never told anyone this so it feels a bit scary but I'm hoping to sepak louder than her here. So before she has a chance to defeat my good mood, I'm going to get Harper and we're going to the park. Here's to good vs. bad. Today is mine!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I'm hoping to speak louder than her here.

I hope you can, too.

Enjoy your day.