The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for. And the most you can do is live in that hope. Not admire it from a distance but live right in it,under its roof(barbara kingsolver)... this is the journey of defining my hopes and living them to the fullest...and all the random junk along the way.

Monday, May 19, 2008

Apartment Life... Gotta LOVE it!

I've had a little trouble sleeping this weekend... one of my friends is convinced I have something bothering me. I'm convinced I have a randomly occuring case of insomnia that tends to resolve itself as randomly as it appears. I was relieved last night to be extremely exhausted as I oozed into bed.... I just knew I was going to sleep until noon! I had no plans on my calendar today so sleeping the day away was comletely feasible. Or so i thought...

I live in an apartment and I love it... on most days. Today, however, I wish I lived underground. I was RUDELY awakened not at noon as I had hoped, but rather at 7:00 A.M.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't set my alarm....NOOOOO!!! I was RIPPED from my much needed, sorely missed, rejuvenating slumber by the deafening roar of weed wackers, leaf blowers and lawn mowers! The sweet sweet boys who keep my apartment complex prestinely manicured RUINED my plans to finally get a full night/day of sleep! Now I can't say that I blame them for getting an early start on their outdoor tasks (have you met Alabama in the spring/summer time?). But SERIOUSLY???!!!!! Couldn't they have just read my mind and miraculously realized that I desparately NEED this sleep??? Is that too much to ask??? And because my complex is not small, the whir of lawn equipment will last all day. Thus my day began at 7 a.m. instead of noon... there's a silver lining somewere, right? Wait... there is actually.. the yard work is done now so that means next week when I work, I should have plenty of opportunity for peaceful sleep! My fingers are crossed!

No comments: